Return to Keywords

Articles by Keyword for

radiologists

This is out Library. Please click on the article title to view the details.

American Cancer Society Waffles on Need for Screening Tests for Cancer

submitted by: admin on 06/18/2016
  In a field plagued by frequent controversy, the American Cancer Society (ACS) claims to have taken a major step forward to provide transparency in how justified it is in recommending cancer screening tests. It blames oncologists with a conflict of interest...what would you expect from an organization that depends on income from big pharma and the mammography...

Ductal Carcinoma in situ: Cancer or Benign?

submitted by: admin on 02/19/2019
Between 30 and 50% of new breast cancer diagnoses are found on mammography screenings and are classified as ductal carcinoma in situ, or DCIS. Most of these "cancers" are not cancer at all. In fact about 97% are benign lesions that can be followed over time quite safely. Most cases of DCIS would be better off under-diagnosed and under-treated. Unfortunately,...

Is DCIS Cancer or Not?

submitted by: admin on 07/09/2016
  Women diagnosed with ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) are confused about whether or not DCIS is cancer or not. MDs are no different! About 2% of DCIS cancers are lethal and the other 98% will die with it and not from it. Twenty to twenty five percent of all breast cancers are DCIS. Mainstream treatment for this condition includes surgery, radiation,...

Mammograms: How to Make Them Better

submitted by: admin on 02/19/2019
The FDA believes the more radiologists read mammograms, the more expertise they develop in diagnosing breast cancer. Soon the policy with the FDA my change requiring radiologist to read more mammograms per two years in order to improve their skills because there are too many false positives.  Is there a way to make mammograms better?

More Harm Than Good in Women Over 70 From Mammograms

submitted by: admin on 04/01/2014
In a paper presented at the European Breast Cancer Conference on March 21, 2014, studies out of the Netherlands concluded that doing mammograms in women from age 70-75 as a screening test did not reduce the incidence of advanced stage breast cancer or save lives. They did report that doing mammograms in this age group led to unnecessary overdiagnosis and overtreatment...