Diabetes: Nutritional Support Protocol
1. Avoid stress and extra obligations.
2. Avoid alcohol consumption and smoking.
3. Participate in a regular balanced exercise program that includes wearing a pedometer to ensure that you collect steps and move more. High intensity short bursts (20-60 seconds) of activity during the day are recommended to enhance growth hormone release. Also engage in resistance training that works all major muscle groups (work each group at least 2 times a week).
4. Check blood vitamin D levels. Supplement with Vitamin D Synergy, 2 or more per day, until optimal levels are reached: 50-100 ng/ml.
5. Practice good sleep habits and get between 8-9 hours of sleep a night. Take Dr. Saputo's Insomnia Assessment and follow Insomnia Nutritional Support Protocol if needed.
1. Avoid all sugars. Replace sugar with the polyol sugar xylitol.
2. Avoid white flour and all refined carbohydrates including cereals and pasta.
3. Get a balance of omega 3s (salmon, mackerel, herring, sardines) and omega 9 fats (olive oil, olives, almonds, hazelnuts, avocados).
4. Choose lean, clean quality protein at each meal such as chicken breast, turkey breast, lean beef, fish (especially salmon and sardines), eggs and whey protein.
5. Avoid hydrogenated vegetable oils and fried foods.
6. Cook with olive oil at a low heat.
7. Snack on vegetables and small amounts of nuts, olives or avocado.
8. Eat 5-9 servings of fresh fruits and vegetables daily (fruits must be limited to 1 -2 per day due to sugar content) OR add one heaping tablespoon of PaleoGreens and PaleoReds to your favorite drink.
9. Carry PaleoBars with you to prevent missing meals or snacks.
In addition to the nutrition and lifestyle program recommended by Dr. Saputo, he also recommends the following targeted supplement protocol.
OmegAvail Ultra: 1 softgel twice daily
Vitamin D3 with K1-K2 Take one capsule per day with a meal
CLA: 1 with each meal, 3 per day
*Have serum lipids checked every year. Use nutritional and supplement protocols to lower lipids to reduce cardiovascular disease complications if necessary.
All the information on this site is intended solely for educational purposes exclusively for your health care practitioner to consider with you. It is neither ethical nor appropriate for any health care practitioner to give medical advice to anyone who is not their patient.
Get a FREE 15 minute nutritional consultation with Geoffrey Marx, NC
When creating a supplement program that includes more than a few supplements, it can be very helpful to have the support of a trained nutritionist to create a protocol that can fulfill your specific needs. This can be especially helpful when addressing one or more health concerns.
Here at DoctorSaputo.com our goal is to assist you in developing a program that simplifies your supplement needs but still addresses each of your issues rather than sell you loads of products. Whenever you purchase products, DoctorSaputo.com offers a FREE 15 Minute Consultation with Geoffrey Marx, NC, or one of his colleagues by telephone.
Click Here To sign up for a FREE consulttion
Click Here If you are interested in a Full Consultation with a detailed Report of Findings with Geoffrey Marx, NC