Weight Loss: Nutritional Support Protocol
1. Practice good sleep habits and get between 8-9 hours of sleep a night.
2. Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption.
3. Avoid stress and extra obligations.
4. Engage in regular exercise such as walking, yoga, or tai chi and be sure to include the most important activity, weight lifting, for increasing lean body mass.
5. Dr. Saputo also recommends that you take our Weight Assessment
1. Drink at least 8 glasses of purified water daily.
2. Avoid soda drinks.
3. Replace sugar with the polyol sugar xylitol.
4. Avoid white flour and all refined carbohydrates.
5. Get a balance of omega 3 oils (flax oil, fish oils) and omega 9 oils (olive oil, olives, almonds, hazelnuts, and avocados) while avoiding corn oil, safflower oil, sunflower oil and soybean oil.
6. Eat three meals a day with protein at every meal including eggs, fish, chicken and lean meat.
7. Avoid margarine, hydrogenated vegetable oils and fried foods.
8. Eat 5-9 servings of fresh fruits and vegetables daily OR add 1-2 heaping tablespoons of PaleoGreens and PaleoReds to your favorite drink daily.
9. Carry PaleoBars, EssentiaMeal single serving bottles, and/or Brain Power Sours with you to prevent missing meals or snacks.
In addition to the nutrition and lifestyle program recommended by Dr. Saputo, he also recommends the following targeted supplement protocol.
Weight Loss Support Packets: 1 packet twice a day with breakfast and lunch Each packet contains: Carnitine Synergy (2), EndoTrim (2), CLA (2)
PaleoMeal: Consider replacing one meal per day with a PaleoMeal shake as directed.