1. Avoid aspirin, ibuprofen and acetomenophen if possible to avoid interference with healing.
2. Avoid alcohol consumption and smoking.
3. Relax and avoid stress.
4. Do not resume exercise without permission from your health care practitioner.
5. Practice good sleep habits and get between 8-9 hours of sleep a night.
6. Take Dr. Saputo's Insomnia Assessment
7. Follow the Insomnia Nutritional Support Protocol if Needed
8. Dr. Saputo also recommendes taking our Lifestyle Assessment if you have not done so already.
1. Eat protein at every meal emphasizing salmon, mackerel, sardines, and herring.
2. Limit red meat consumption to two meals per week.
3. Avoid omega 6 oils that aggravate inflammation such as corn oil, soybean oil, safflower oil and sun flower oil.
4. Avoid hydrogenated vegetable oils and fried foods.
5. Avoid white flour and all refined carbohydrates including cereals, pasta, bread, bagels and English muffins. Replace these with brown rice, sweet potato, or steel-cut oats.
6. Eat spices such as ginger, garlic, turmeric, cilantro, rosemary, oregano, and thyme.
7. Drink plenty of water.
8. Eat 5-9 servings of fresh fruits and vegetables daily OR add one heaping tablespoon of PaleoGreens™ and PaleoReds™ to your favorite drink.
9. Avoid Sugar. Replace with the polyol sugar xylitol.
10. Carry PaleoBars™ with you throughout the day to prevent missing meals or snacks.
In addition to the nutrition and lifestyle program recommended by Dr. Saputo, he also recommends the following targeted supplement protocol.
Inflammatone™: 2 caps twice daily in between meals
MSM: 2-3 caps 3 times daily with meals or 2 T MSM powder
Grape Seed Supreme™: 1 cap with breakfast and dinner
OmegAvail™ Synergy TG: 1 softgel per day (or as directed by fatty acid recommendations on CMP)
C3 Curcumin Complex: 2 capsules daily with food.
Get a FREE 15 minute nutritional consultation with Geoffrey Marx, NC
When creating a supplement program that includes more than a few supplements, it can be very helpful to have the support of a trained nutritionist to create a protocol that can fulfill your specific needs. This can be especially helpful when addressing one or more health concerns.
Here at DoctorSaputo.com our goal is to assist you in developing a program that simplifies your supplement needs but still addresses each of your issues rather than sell you loads of products. Whenever you purchase products, DoctorSaputo.com offers a FREE 15 Minute Consultation with Geoffrey Marx, NC, or one of his colleagues by telephone.
Click Here To sign up for a FREE consulttion
Click Here If you are interested in a Full Consultation with a detailed Report of Findings with Geoffrey Marx, NC